Sunday, February 4, 2007

Well, I am back from a very long week in Toronto and I can safely say I wish I drowned myself in a bowl of whipped cream. I like to keep it clean, so I'll leave all the profanity out, but feel free to insert one wherever you like. Every other word should just about hit the mark for as many times as I would like to swear.

Going home is supposed to be a pleasant experience, but I think most of us are disappointed when we visit our relatives. I haven't seen a lot of my family for 2 years, and I guess the distance made me forget how awful they can be. But I won't get into any of that other than to say that every family has someone who lacks the ability to speak with tact (what happened to your diet?), a self-absorbed head case (I'll ask a question and walk away before you can answer), and a nut who can talk to the dead ('nuf said).

So the week was spent overindulging in eating out. Since we weren't at home, I hadn't really planned any meals. I made sure the kids had the staples, like yogurt and applesauce, but I didn't consider what I would eat for breakfast. So I either had leftovers from the night before, or I skipped breakfast and devoured my lunch.

Truthfully, I tried to be good and limited myself to salads at lunch. And dinner was a cinch, especially when I was with people who had no interest in helping me with the kids so I could eat. The only time I could really eat was when we ordered pizza because I could eat it and handle the boys at the same time.

And I discovered that it is impossible to overeat at a chinese buffet when both your parents are oblivious to the fact that you are sitting between two toddlers. I guess they just didn't notice when my children learned that 1) potstickers stick to walls, hair, and my face as well as the pot and 2) chicken balls make great missiles. I think I still have sweet & sour sauce in my ear.

Overall, I didn't really eat much the entire week. But my body holds onto every calorie and fat gram when I'm not eating properly. I am terrified to get on the scale in the morning. But I'm home and happy to be back among my friends and in my own house.

I'll get back on track with my diet as soon as I finish picking the potstickers out of my hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment