Thursday, March 29, 2007

Return of the ticker!!!!

I was so shocked when I got on the scale this morning, I just had to ressurect the ticker. I am now down 8 pounds!!!

Now, before anyone cheers or congratulates me, I have to be completely honest. I did not earn this weight loss.

I haven't been working out, or watching what I eat, or drinking litres of water. I have been sick and unable to eat for the last 4 days.

My Dr. McDreamy (oh yeah ladies) assures me this is just a virus that is going around. I already know that because I just had it a month ago. I am tired of disinfecting and my hands are so dry that my fingerprints are changing.

But I digress.

Whenever this happens to me, one thing consistenltly pops into my mind: Romy & Michelle's High School Reunion. You know, the line when Romy says "Mono was like the best diet ever".

I am pretty sure I'm not the only one who finds a nugget of truth in this quote. I had pneumonia when I was a kid and I lost 13 lbs. in one week. When I got it again 2 years later, I was thrilled. Sick, I know.

Losing weight when you are sick and not trying is a gift. I try not to get lulled into a false sense of success. Experience has taught me that as soon as I can eat a cracker, all the weight I lost will come rushing back to my hips.

But in the meantime, I am sticking to the liquids. Soup, tea, water. Oh, and the occassional milkshake. I mean, really, if it's not staying with me anyways, why the heck shouldn't I? It's like having immunity on Survivor - except without the million-dollar prize at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment