Friday, June 15, 2007

Week 2 is over! Yesterday was my weigh-in and I really wasn't feeling very confident. My MIL came into town and things sort of went wonky around here. She makes these cookies - Jewish people call them ruggeleh, or ruggies for short - and they are divine. Crescent shaped doughy cookies filled with jam and chocolate chips. The minute I see them, I can feel my hips expanding. Damn her!

So I indulged in one or two. Or was it four or five? Doesn't matter, I indulged. Crap.

Still, I managed to lose another 2 pounds this week. Good enough for me.

Last week, I promised I would indulge my new goal. So here it is: I will be under 200 pounds by Mason's first day of school.

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but when I started 2 weeks ago, I was 229. I know, I know, I don't look a pound over 220. I get that all the time.

That gives me 11 weeks to lose 24 pounds. I can surely manage 2.18 pounds per week. It may be hard to track, since my scale measures in absolutes and I won't know if I lost 2 pounds, or 2.06, or 2.18. So I'll just aim for 2. That's not an insurmountable goal.

Especially since the ruggies are almost gone, and I have forbidden myself to buy any flour and empower her to make more. Yes, everyone will have to suffer. If they need a fix, I have a spoon, a jar of jam and a bag of chocolate chips. Go crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment