Friday, June 8, 2007

Well, yesterday was my "weigh-in" day. I can't say I wasn't nervous about it. I knew that if the scale didn't move, I would be in the grocery store before you could say All Dressed Ruffles. I knew that I would be cranky and disillusioned all day. I knew that if that there was no weight loss, it would be a long time before I would try again.

That's a whole lotta pressure on a little LED screen.

I had a little mental talk with myself before I tapped it on.

"Don't take it out the kids."
"You're due to get your period so don't expect miracles."
"Even one pound is a good start."

And then I did it. I stepped on the scale and averted my eyes. I think I even squeezed them shut and said a little prayer.

Week #1, I lost 4 lbs.!!!

Now, to anyone who is thinking "The first 10 pounds is just water", please keep it to yourself. Four pounds is a victory regardless of where it comes from. Four pounds of water is just as encouraging, as valuable, and as deserved as four pounds of fat.

To be perfectly honest, it wasn't that much of a struggle. I ate well, I ate healthy, and I ate regularly - which has always been my downfall.

So WW is clearly the plan for me. I am actually looking forward to my next week - and the many weeks after that. I have set a realistic goal, and I'll share that next week. Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment