Thursday, November 15, 2007

I have been remiss and not posted here in a while. And with all these new journals popping up, I felt I should add something.

If you want to read something inspirational, or read about the committment to weight loss, read someone else's journal.

I am in the midst of a reality check. I can't say I've given up, but I'm trying to find a way to enjoy what I like and lose weight at the same time. I want to have birthday cake and not feel I have to skip out on a meal or two to cover the extra calories. I want to have a movie night at home with potato chips instead of air popped plain popcorn.

That is the way I live. I have tried giving up the treats and had success until I stopped the program. As long as I was weighing in, I was losing. But I hated that I couldn't indulge in a steak dinner without banking my points, or cutting 2/3off and sending it back to the kitchen to be packed up, or not touching anything I couldn't calculate a point value for.

So now I'm eating Jenny Craig chili and using it as a dip for my Doritos.

I'm still getting on the treadmill, and I'm still trying to eat more sensibly. But my life cannot be fit squarely in a structured meal plan. Some nights I cannot get to eat my dinner until after 8pm. Some afternoons, I am too tired to cut up veggies for a salad. And sometimes I just want McDonalds for pete's sake. That's normal.

Still, I want to wish everyone in the body challenge the best of luck. I tried that one too and it did not work for me. But I am enjoying reading about everyone's successes. Keep up the good work.

As for me, I'll be getting on the treadmill later tonight (maybe) and then enjoying some Gray's Anatomy and potato chips with hubby (definitely).

Tomorrow, I may be back to carrots and salad. I doubt it, but there is always the notion...

No comments:

Post a Comment