Wednesday, January 20, 2010

How did time slip away like that?

I cannot believe it has been more than 2 months since I added anything here. I went from twiddling my thumbs while the boys were in school to working from 5am to midnight 7 days a week. The christmas season just exploded for my company and I was struggling to keep up.

I made my last delivery the day of Christmas Eve.
And it took me four days to recover from nearly a month of non-stop work.

Normally, the business is quiet until mid-January. But on January 4th, the phone started ringing again. I cannot believe how blessed this little hobby-turned-business has become.

Most importantly, I was so busy, I had little time to exercise, and my eating habits were less than stellar.

But that was last year.

This year, I am focussed. I have stopped dieting and I am making small changes for a lifetime.

January's goals are to eat breakfast every morning and start eating at least 2 servings of fruit and veggies every day - that will be stepped up for February. Oddly, I find I am hungrier throughout the day when I eat breakfast, and I am feeding the hunger with fruits and veggies. Ironically, I am eating more now than when I "diet".

I am still up at 5am every morning, getting on the treadmill 2-3 times per week. Now that the winter rains have subsided, my family is back to hiking on the weekends. We are so fortunate to live in BC, where there is no shortage of beautiful hiking trails and beaches.

So there you have it. So far this month, I have lost 4 lbs. There have been a lot of changes and big decisions this month, but more on that in another post.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back Dana! Glad to hear business is booming for you!

    ReplyDelete